Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain
Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei
How we can helpNgāti Pikiao offers a range of programmes and services which can support parents, tamariki and rangatahi.
We have developed an Education Strategy, which can be viewed here.
Want more Information?If you are interested in any of the following opportunities please fill out our short online form (to the right >> of this page).
We'll be in touch in the next few days.
Incredible Years Parenting Programme Facilitator
- A 14 week Programme. The Incredible Years parenting programme is designed to develop positive family relationships, empower parents to make change and to manage difficult behaviour. This particular programme is designed for parents who have children that are 3—8 years old
- Practical step-by-step suggestions help in handling everyday situations parents face
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Participation
- Whānau support to engage their child into ECE
- Support whānau to make informed decisions about the ECE
Want to know more?
Fill out the form to the right and we'll be in touch with you promptly.
Achievement in Kura
Working with whānau to support their tamariki/rangatahi on their education journey
- To work with whānau to engage their non-participating 3-4 year old tamariki into Kohanga Teo, Puna Reo or Early Childhood Education (ECE) centres.
- To work with whānau to support their 16-17 year old learner currently in the education system, to gain NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification.
- To work with whānau to support their 16-17 year old learner not engaged in the education system, to gain NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification.
- To work with whānau to increase achievement rates for their tamariki in Years 1 – 8, and who are below the Ngā Whanaketanga / National Standards (literacy and numeracy).